Our Fellow Journeyers

Sunday 22 May 2011

PCJ Monday Meet & Greet



Each Monday, a member of the PCJ design team will be featured, right here, on the blog so that all of our followers can get to know the DT, our crafting styles and other tidbits of info. Please visit the featured member’s blog, leave them some love and follow them if you like what you read!

INTRODUCING SARABETH!
All About My Obsession:
How long have you been crafting?
Ever since I can remember I have always been doing some sort of craft. I give credit to a dear friend of the family (who was my babysitter for some time) who introduced me to this amazing hobby. About 6 years ago, when I new that hubby was going to be the one and only for me-I started scrapbooking. I had saved everything-movie tickets, receipts, etc... from the very beginning because I just knew that this love was something special I wanted to remember forever . Here is the 6yo me with my hand-crafted indian head piece lol:If you were stranded on a deserted island,
what 3 things would you bring to keep on crafting?

A Polaroid camera, an unlimited supply of film and my hubby-I would have to improvise and use mother nature for adhesive, techniques and embellishments!

What gets your creative juices flowing?
My pictures-which of course include all of my favourite people, places & things in my life-oh and pups too! I take pictures of anything and everything!
Here is my latest favy pic,
Taken at De Palm Island, Aruba
Do you whistle while you work?
I most certainly do! I love to listen to things I can sing along to-by no means can I hold a note to save my life, however, I like to think so. Some of the things on my playlist include Adele, Sia and Mumford & Sons. Here is Adele’s Hometown Glory for you to take a listen:

What is your absolute most favourite product to work with?
I absolutely love to work with Kraft Cardstock! I just love the look and it’s so easy to work with almost any type of project!
Where do your creative messes flow?
I was in the bedroom and decided to convert that to my
Office/Study Corner, with classes coming up again I had to separate it all.
Now I craft in the dining room area-I have this ancient china cab’t from
my parents very first dinette set that hides all my goodies. The
bookcase is from Ikea and I have a bunch of stuffies organized in
my thrift shop baskets-can’t go wrong with thrift shopping!

It's not much, but it does the job and I love it!

Here is one of my most favy creations that I am most proud of:

This is a LO I created for a class I taught at our LSS-
I had a full house! 25 "student crafters" and it was definitely a success!

Are you a messy crafter or tidy?
I’m a messy crafter and then I tidy up after each creation and/ or technique
depending what I am up to-you never know what a mess some things can be lol.

Do you plan out your projects before starting or make it up as you go along?
I tend to do both. Sometimes when I have my own idea,
I grab a quick sketch or template to play around with displaying my pics on a LO.

Favourite craft manufacturer:
Anything by Crate Paper, Nikki Sivils, Basic Grey & Cosmo Cricket,
I honestly cannot pick just one!!!!!
Favourite online resource for inspiration:
I always find inspiration in the people I am following.
There is so much talent out there that inspires me daily-even when I can’t craft, I always peek!
I also love checking out WeHeartIt and Pintrest!

You can check out my creations HERE at Flickr.

All About Me:
Do you have a nick name?
Ever since I was a kid, my family would call me Sarita (Sara in Spanish).
I never liked it when I was younger but now I love it!
I’m also known as SB, Sara-Bear and Mrs. Burke lol.

Favourite quote:
Random Fun Facts:
-I love chocolate covered gummi bears.
I have a secret love of Dinosaurs.
-I’m known to watch the same movie over and over again,
re-read the same fabulous books over and over again
and hit repeat on a favy song on my MP3 lol.
-I am petrified of scary movies...definitely a chicken in the house!
-I am enrolled in an EMT program coming soon and
am soooooooo nervous!
-I cannot keep plants alive, even had to hand over my cactus to Mom!
-I always have to be sure all the doors, pretty much any door in the house,
is closed before I can fall asleep.
-My favy TV show is True Blood.
-One of my favy movies is Love Actually <3




Join us next Monday for the next PCJ Monday Meet & Greet.
If you are one of the PCJ followers and would like to be featured on the blog, please contact me (Lisa) at papercraftingjourney@gmail.com

Photobucket

Blog address: paper-craftingjourney.blogspot.com
Twitter: @PCJChallenges
Email: papercraftingjourney@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Chocolate covered gummi bears ?!!
    Hey hun it's nice to read some more about you and I love that Aruba pic x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely commments