Our Fellow Journeyers

Wednesday 27 July 2011

PCJ Monday Meet and Greet on a Wednesday :)

INTRODUCING ALETHEA

How long have you been crafting?

I have been cross stitching for as long as I can remember but took up card making about 5 years ago. 
  If you were stranded on a deserted island, what 3 things would you bring to keep on crafting?
I would take my tria markers, digi images and my scissors. ( I love cutting images out)

What gets your creative juices flowing?
If I see something I really want to recreate or an image that I just can’t wait to colour or if I just suddenly get an idea in my head!!!
What is your absolute most favourite product to work with?
Anything that sparkles – kindyglitz, glitter pens, smooch, smooch spritz! I have to  add sparkle somewhere on every card.

Where do your creative messes flow?
I unfortunately don’t have a craft room so I have a desk and some drawers with all my craft items in them and I just get out all my supplies of a night once the boys are in bed and create at my dinner table!

Share a piece of work that you are proudest of-it can be anything new or old :)

This is one of my most recent creations but I was so happy with the way it turned out! It would have to be one of the best things that I have made and am definitely proud of how well it turned out!

Are you a messy crafter or tidy?
Definitely a messy crafter.It usually gets to the point of not being able to find something I saw 5 mins ago!!

Do you plan out your projects before starting or make it up as you go along?
I definitely do not plan out anything!! I may have some sort of idea in my head of what I would like to use on a card like an image or paper but it all just comes together as I start playing!!


Favourite online resource for inspiration.
If I am ever stuck to create something I head to Feline Playful to see what challenges or sketches are around that I can get some inspiration from. Or I  check out my favourite blogs which there are a lot of!!
Top tips for crafters old and new.
If you are embossing something on your project and you haven’t used enough versamark for it the embossing powder to stick properly, then brush off the powder, rub your embossing buddy all over it to get rid of the sticky and then re-ink and re-emboss. Works everytime!!
What was the first design team you were a part of?
This is my first Design Team position and I just love it!!! Thanks Lisa fot this wonderful opportunity!
Describe your crafting style in 3 words
messy, perfection, adventurous

Complete this sentence: You will know which project is mine
by the amount of embellishments on it!! I always have to add a flowers or a button or bling!!
Which craft tool would make you cry if it broke?
My cutting ruler!! It’s the most basic cutter but I love it and I would never use anything else!!
What is/are your Must buy craft item(s)

 I’m addicted to card stock!!! So many colours to choose from. tehehe
What do you do when your Mojo takes a nosedive?
Take a night off and just Sit on the couch and watch a movie....
My favourite online craft shop(s)
Whiff of Joy, Bizzy Becs, Tickled Pink Stamps, Elphine House

Do you have a nick name?
My close friends and family call me Leath.

Share your favourite quote:
“It can’t rain all the time” – Brandon Lee from the Crow

Share a random fun fact about you :)
 I love to bake – biscuits, slices, cakes etc

This was Liam's cake for his 5th Birthday

This was Logan's Cake for his 4th birthday

What is your favourite film?  
My favourite all time film is  “The Crow” but “After the Promise” would have to be a very close second!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alethea, How's Australia weather, so cool to run into you here, Congrats on the team and the spotlight! I have a Liam in the family too! The cakes look terrific! Good job! (I'm a messy crafter too) hehe
    Hugs
    Tammy Louise
    Thanks again for your support on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alethea!

    Well it's nice to meet you!

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely commments